Browse » Home
Monday, January 14, 2013
How to Make an Envelope Template
1. Create a new blank document in Word. Click on "File > New" if you have Microsoft Word 97 to 2003. For Word 2007, click on "Office button > New".Choose blank document and click "Create".
2. Start a new envelop document. Click on "Tools > Letters and Mailings > Envelopes and Labels" for Word 97 to 2003. Click on the "Mailings" then "Envelopes" in Word 2007.
3. Set your options, such as envelop size and return address information. You can put in the "Delivery Address" information if the envelops will always be sent to the same place. Set the envelop size by clicking on "Options". Choose the envelop from a list of products and click "OK".
4. Click "Add to Document". The main document window will be formatted as your envelop.
5. Add formatting and graphics. Set up the envelope the way you want it to look. If you have a company logo that you want to add to the document, do it by clicking "Insert > Pictures" and choosing if you want to add clip art or an image from a file location.
6. Save the document as a template. Click "File > Save As" in Word 97 to 2003, and "Office button > Save As" in word 2007. Click the drop-down arrow next to "File type as" and choose "Word Template". Name the document and choose the location you want to save it in. Click "Save".