Browse » Home
Sunday, February 24, 2013
How to Make a Timeline in a Word Document
1. Open Microsoft Word on your computer. Select "File," and then "Open" to open a new document.
2. Select the "Insert" tab. Click "SmartArt," which resides in the Illustrations group.
3. Select "Process" from the Choose a SmartArt Graphic Gallery, and then click a timeline layout, for example, a Basic Timeline.
4. Enter your text on the graphic by clicking [Text]. Paste or type the appropriate milestone.
5. Add additional milestones to the timeline by highlighting a shape on the timeline. Then click the arrow to "Add Shape" in the Create Graphic group, which resides under SmartArt Tools on the Design Tab. Choose to add the milestone either before or after the selection you've highlighted.
6. Delete a milestone by selecting it and pressing the "Delete" key.
7. Select "File," and then "Save" to save your timeline information.